Bird House

$9.00

The Bird House was built c. 1865. Also known as the Greene Smith Museum, this bark covered building housed the mounted bird collection of Greene Smith, noted ornithologist and son of Gerrit Smith.

Collapsed from decay c. 1975.

From artwork by Don Cornue

Photo by Collin Luce

A community heritage gift shop, located within the Visitors Center on the Gerrit Smith Estate, National Historic Landmark, in Peterboro NY. The Mercantile is staffed and operated under the management of the Smithfield Community Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of historic Peterboro.

                                            www.mercantile.gerritsmith.org 


Add to Cart:


Customers who bought this product also purchased...