Land Office Mug

$9.00

The Land Office, built c. 1804. This single story Federal style building served as the focal point of the Smith family's vast real estate business. Over 750,000 acres of land in 54 NY counties were sold by Peter Smith and his son Gerrit.  This building was placed on the NY State and National Historic Registers in 1984.

Artwork by Don Cornue

Photo by Collin Luce

A community heritage gift shop, located within the Visitors Center on the Gerrit Smith Estate, National Historic Landmark, in Peterboro NY. The Mercantile is staffed and operated under the management of the Smithfield Community Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of historic Peterboro.

                                            www.mercantile.gerritsmith.org 


Add to Cart: